skip to content | Accessibility Information

Financial and Legal Services Manchester Met Finance for Students


Manchester Met Finance for Students

All the key finance information for Manchester Met students.

Welcome to Manchester Met!

Whether you are a new or returning Manchester Met student, there is certain key information you need to be aware of regarding fees, funding, and finance.

The University is committed to making information clear and accessible, so has put together this guide to give you the key information you need to know about paying your fees, funding your studies, and where you can go for more help and advice.


Firstly, it is very important that you read the University Regulations for the Payment of University Fees that is relevant to your programme of study. These regulations are the key financial policies and procedures that you agree to abide by at Manchester Met, so it is essential that you familiarise yourself with them. 




You will pay fees for each year of your course, and these will be displayed during online enrolment. You will be able to check and confirm your fee before going ahead with your enrolment.

If you have questions about your fees, contact the Student Billings   team on +44 (0)161 247 2937, or email



 If you are paying your own tuition fees, the University offers a range of payment methods, including the option to pay in instalments. See Paying University Fees for more details.

If your fees are to be paid by your employer, a government agency (other than Student Finance or SAAS), or any other sponsor, you will need to provide evidence of this to the University. You can find more information at Loans, Grants and Other Funding.


Awards and Scholarships

 Manchester Met offers a range of scholarships, bursaries and student support. New undergraduate students can visit our Money Matters website, while information for postgraduate students is available here.

Please also see the Scholarships, Bursaries and Student Support page.



If you are living in Manchester Met student halls, you will need to pay fees. For all queries about Manchester Met accommodation, please see the accommodation webpages. 





You will need to consider how much you’ll need to pay for rent, food and other expenses whilst at University. Help and advice in order to accomplish this can be found from our Student Financial Support team, the Student Union, or the International Office (if you are an international student). 



Student Finance

If you are a UK or EU undergraduate or PGCE student, you can apply to Student Finance for a tuition fee loan to cover the cost of your tuition fees. UK students may also be eligible to apply for maintenance funding to help with your living costs. 

A new Postgraduate Loan Scheme is also available to students commencing postgraduate masters courses from the 2016/17 academic year. 

Have a look at the Loans, Grants and Other Funding page for more information.


Further Information

If you are looking for more help and advice, a great place to start is by chatting to one of the friendly advisors in the Finance Service Centre. They can answer your questions about paying fees, instalment plans, Manchester Met student support, and a whole range of other financial matters.


Article last updated: Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Page Feedback and Performance

Did you find this information useful?

Please leave any comments below