skip to content | Accessibility Information

Financial and Legal Services Insurance


Liability Insurance

The University has liability insurance policies in place to cover the cost of compensation claims received from employees, students or third parties.

When working with a contractor or third party, it is important they have adequate liability insurance in place. Care should be taken in respect of contracts to ensure we are not accepting liabilities that would not exist without the contract. Contracts must be sent to the Legal Department ( where they will be reviewed and, if agreed, signed by an authorised signatory.

Employers’ Liability

The University is required to have this insurance by law. It covers the University’s legal liability if employees suffer injury or illness as a result of their work. A copy of our Employers' Liability certificate is available here.

Public Liability

This provides cover for the University’s legal liability for personal injury or damage to third parties (including students) arising out of and in connection with normal business activities.

Professional Indemnity

This provides cover for claims received for loss or damage resulting from negligent services or advice provided by the University.

Product Liability

This provides cover for claims received for injuries to people or damage to property caused by a faulty product that the University has designed, manufactured or supplied.

Article last updated: Monday, December 4, 2017

Page Feedback and Performance

Did you find this information useful?

Please leave any comments below

Featured Services

How do I?

about this feature

Do you need to do something specific? Most common questions are answered here.

Documents Library

about this feature

All the documents related to FLS categorised and explained.