skip to content | Accessibility Information

Financial and Legal Services Payroll Services


Starting Employment

In order that the University can deduct the correct amount of tax from your salary you should forward the income tax form P45 (parts 2 and 3) given to you by your previous employer.

Please retain part 1 of the P45 for your own records.

If you have not been employed previously, or do not have a form P45 you should complete a new starter checklist (formerly a P46) which is available from HM Revenue & Customs.  You will need to print this form, sign it and return it, to the University, with the rest of the documentation that is required by HR.  If you have already sent this other paperwork to HR you should forward the starter checklist directly to payroll.

Article last updated: Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Page Feedback and Performance

Did you find this information useful?

Please leave any comments below

Featured Services

How do I?

about this feature

Do you need to do something specific? Most common questions are answered here.

Documents Library

about this feature

All the documents related to FLS categorised and explained.