skip to content | Accessibility Information

Financial and Legal Services Frequently Asked Questions

Contacts Banner

Frequently Asked Questions

Financial and Management Accounting

RKE Accounting Support

Send the following to;

- Authorised project opening form (included within the costing tool)

- Signed agreement that has been reviewed by Legal Services Team

- Budget, in the ‘Costing tool’ format

- The PI will receive an ‘account opening’ email once an account has been created. The email will contain important information i.e. budget code, account signatories, material code (for sales invoices), your RKE Accounting Support contact 


When a sales invoice is raised to a project code, it will show as income (as a credit/minus figure on your download) but this does not mean that the invoice has actually been paid. Our payment terms are 30 days therefore if a payment has not been received within this period date it is classed as a debt and the Credit Control team will try to recover the debt. You may be able assist Credit Control by providing a contact name and number to or telephone 0161 247 1852. For a list of outstanding debts on your project, please correspond with your R&3S contact person quoting your project code.

Please see guidance on completing project set up forms here. If you require further support, please seek guidance from your RKE Accounting contacts.

Your Faculty may have an Admin Support Team who have received SAP training and will be able to raise the invoice for you.

If not, contact your RKE Accounting Support contact.

Contact your Faculty Accountant, who will review your need for access to SAP & arrange if applicable.

See Procurement section

Provide external confirmation and send to


Contact your RKE Accounting Support contact

Follow Procurement procedures for self-employed individuals or company payment or, seek advice from Human Resources, who will advise if payment is to be made via payroll/contract for service/P2P.

See procurement guidance or contact Human Resources

Submit request to or contact your RKE Accounting Support contact.

Useful Information for Staff

Please find a template of the FIN416 on the financial and legal services website , complete and send to Alternatively, there may be an administrator within your department who can raise invoices for you.

Page Feedback and Performance

Did you find this information useful?

Please leave any comments below

Search FAQs